The Student Room Group

university application help (pharmacy/dentistry)

so ive applied to pharmacy but recently ive been thinking and i dont even know why. i hate chemistry and i know pharmacy is very chemistry based. i originally wanted to do dentistry but couldnt apply due to my low grade (ABB) so chose pharmacy instead. ive done work placement at a community setting and hated it. but i mindset is that ''if i end up doing pharmacy ill just work in a hospital setting''. but ive realised now that i probably wont have that much freedom in choosing where i work, especially when i initially graduate. its too late for me to apply to dentistry but is there any way i could be successful in applying later on or am i stuck? and i dont think dentistry really goes into clearing.
do you think theres an opportunity for me to apply to dental hygiene and therapy through clearing, then hopefully apply to dentistry during first year or after the course? does anyone know what the transfer process even is?
thanks so much in advance :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by pharmgirl4
so ive applied to pharmacy but recently ive been thinking and i dont even know why. i hate chemistry and i know pharmacy is very chemistry based. i originally wanted to do dentistry but couldnt apply due to my low grade (ABB) so chose pharmacy instead. ive done work placement at a community setting and hated it. but i mindset is that ''if i end up doing pharmacy ill just work in a hospital setting''. but ive realised now that i probably wont have that much freedom in choosing where i work, especially when i initially graduate. its too late for me to apply to dentistry but is there any way i could be successful in applying later on or am i stuck? and i dont think dentistry really goes into clearing.
do you think theres an opportunity for me to apply to dental hygiene and therapy through clearing, then hopefully apply to dentistry during first year or after the course? does anyone know what the transfer process even is?

Heyyyyy
the best approach I would do is look at different universities and the grade required to study dentistry - from what I’m aware the minimum grades I’ve seen for the enhanced is AAB but do further research. I would tell u to resit some but many universities don’t like resits, from what I’m aware I think Plymouth does double check tho just in case they have changed. In terms of clearing it’s very very rare to find it bcs usually they have a long waitlist of students who didn’t do tooo bad but not to well in interviews and therefore waitlist just in case they are a few spaces left. U can usually find dental therapy/ hygienist on clearing but I’m not aware if your able to transfer or not tho. Also yes it is too late to apply to study in 2023 as application has to be submitted by 15th October and most of not all dental skl requires you to do ucat and that’s usually done by late September so without it you can’t apply as that’s used for shortlisting. Hope this helps if u have anymore questions feel free to ask
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by pharmgirl4

Hi, I wanted to know what u did and where u r at the moment?
Reply 3
Original post by Lara0123
Hi, I wanted to know what u did and where u r at the moment?

hey! if you got low grades and need some assistance and want to get into dentistry I can help, i got into dental hygiene and therapy (similar scope of practise hence like a transfer) and I’m planning to do a grad entry (to clear up confusion!) I got BBB then resat, my insta is helpfultoothfairy :smile:

unis which allow resits -

Cardiff
Plymouth
Bristol
Leeds (as of 2022-23)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by anon-.-
hey! if you got low grades and need some assistance and want to get into dentistry I can help, I got BBB then resat one and im doing a course which will allow me to transfer, my insta is helpfultoothfairy :smile:

I just followed u

Quick Reply

Latest