The Student Room Group

i'm running out of time

my gcses start in less than a month and i'm starting to panic. i've had so many issues recently i haven't been able to revise much through no fault of my own and now i barely have any time. i dont know what to do. can someone help or am i gonna just have to wing it?? my last results ranged from 5-8s. i was hoping for a bit higher (6-9) but i doubt thats going to happen now. any advice???

my last mock results:
maths- 5
english language- 7 (im doing this for a level)
english lit- 8
biology- 6
chemistry- 5
physics- 7
history- 5 (im doing this for a-level)
drama- 5
Original post by heids.1
my gcses start in less than a month and i'm starting to panic. i've had so many issues recently i haven't been able to revise much through no fault of my own and now i barely have any time. i dont know what to do. can someone help or am i gonna just have to wing it?? my last results ranged from 5-8s. i was hoping for a bit higher (6-9) but i doubt thats going to happen now. any advice???

my last mock results:
maths- 5
english lit- 8
biology- 6
chemistry- 5
physics- 7
drama- 5

I know this is probably gonna sound like awful advice, but please dont panic. A monrh is still quite a while. Burning yourself out will do you absolutely no good in the long run.
Make a plan for yourself, and dont overload yourself.
In my GCSEs i didnt revise at all (long story) and similar with my alevels...
But still passed enough to get me onto my chosen degree.
Ultimately GCSEs dont matter other than maths english and science after alevel. People make out they are much more important than they are. Focus on what you can do, and try to not stress over what you cant
and why do you think it's too late?
i thought it was too but if you think about it including school hours we have a lot of time to revise- just do past papers during lessons, teachers aren't gonna say anything
Original post by heids.1

my last mock results:
maths- 5
english lit- 8
biology- 6
chemistry- 5
physics- 7
drama- 5

Heya!
I would recommend doing as much practice as you can + go through the mark scheme to see how you can improve your answers :h: If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources you can use to help boost your grades!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest