The Student Room Group

Teacher training personal statement

How do I write an appropriate personal statement for teacher training course that stands out?
Hi @reema chaudhry

Some good tips for writing a stand out personal statement can be found here: https://uel.ac.uk/site-search?collection=uel-meta&query=personal%20statement%20top%20tips

The academic tutors can also help. Their details can be found on the course page on our website: https://uel.ac.uk/

-Samantha
Here are some tips on how to write an appropriate personal statement for a teacher training course that stands out:

Start with a strong introduction. Your introduction should grab the reader's attention and make them want to read more. You can do this by sharing a personal anecdote, asking a question, or making a bold statement.
Be specific about your reasons for wanting to become a teacher. What inspired you to choose this career? What are your strengths and weaknesses as a teacher? What are your goals for the future?
Highlight your relevant skills and experience. What have you done in the past that demonstrates your ability to teach? This could include volunteer work, tutoring, or any other experience where you have worked with children or young people.
Show your passion for teaching. Why do you want to teach? What do you love about working with children? What do you hope to achieve as a teacher?
Proofread carefully. Make sure your personal statement is free of errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Here is an example of a personal statement that you could use as a guide:

I have always wanted to be a teacher. I believe that education is the key to a better future, and I want to be a part of that. I am passionate about learning and about helping others learn. I am also patient, understanding, and organized. I am confident that I have the skills and qualities necessary to be a successful teacher.

I have been working with children for many years. I have volunteered at a local after-school program, and I have also tutored students in math and science. In these roles, I have gained valuable experience in working with children of all ages. I have learned how to build relationships with children, how to motivate them to learn, and how to help them succeed.

I am excited about the opportunity to pursue a career in teaching. I am confident that I can make a difference in the lives of my students. I am eager to learn more about teaching and to develop my skills as a teacher. I am confident that I can be a successful teacher, and I am excited to start my career in education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending