The Student Room Group

What is a good structure to follow for Spanish AQA GCSE?

I have been following a good phrase, verb (past, present, or future depending on question), opinion, justification structure, and then repeating. How can I improve this to guarantee top marks?
Reply 1
if this is for the speaking exam, i'd just say trying to have has much variation as you can within the opinions and justification of them as that really shows your breadth of knowledge of the language. sometimes including a few idioms and a wider variety of tenses is beneficial for top marks too. (i got 60/60 in my speaking last year so if you need anymore tips about it or spanish in general, i can give a few!)
Hi,
I have my speaking exam in a weeks time (on wednesday 26th) andI'mreally stressedout about it.
Could you please give me some tips for the exam?

Original post by imclx
if this is for the speaking exam, i'd just say trying to have has much variation as you can within the opinions and justification of them as that really shows your breadth of knowledge of the language. sometimes including a few idioms and a wider variety of tenses is beneficial for top marks too. (i got 60/60 in my speaking last year so if you need anymore tips about it or spanish in general, i can give a few!)
Reply 3
Original post by imclx

how did u revise to get 60/60?
Reply 4
Original post by Minoru Tanaka
Hi,
I have my speaking exam in a weeks time (on wednesday 26th) andI'mreally stressedout about it.
Could you please give me some tips for the exam?

i completely get what you mean about being stressed out about it as it is probably the most nerve racking exam you do. for the role play, keep it simple. there is no need to go over the top and give more information than you need to - sometimes a simple sentence can be perfectly fine. for the first three questions on the photo card include three verbs in each answer. this means that for the two suprise questions your answers don’t need to be detailed and can just be a sentence or so depending on the question. the general conversation is obviously the main part and it really depends on how you as a person want to tackle it. you can learn answers for your nominated theme off by heart but you also can just learn general ideas and work on the spot - that just depends on personal preference. for the exam in general, try to use a range of vocab and give opinions and justify them. but try to relax as it will make your spanish flow much better and things will come to you more naturally! good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rishoo1
how did u revise to get 60/60?

honestly, main thing is vocab vocab vocab and learning high level phrases. practicing all the components with friends or a teacher before the exam is also a good way to prepare. i would recommend looking through photocards and role plays on the aqa website so you have a clear idea of how things are typically phrased and what the examiner is looking for. i did revise a fair amount for my speaking exam but doing two languages (the other i got 58/60 in) really proved i think how much vocab is important because it increases your range of language. but at this point answering questions and trying to shoehorn in some high level phrases (i can give you a list if you need) is probably going to be the best way to increase your mark
Original post by imclx

What idioms do you recommend using? Do you have any in mind that are really useful and applicable?

Quick Reply

Latest