The Student Room Group

History

Hello , I am currently in year 10 going to year 11 i am not good at history at all , coming to think of it idk why i even chose it in the first place i constanly get 3s and 4s in tests , i asked the teacher what was wrong he said that i need to work on my paragraph structure and use PETAL paragraphs , i also have a hardtime undertanding the content , what should i do over te summer break to improve my history gcse grade
Reply 1
Hey, I got an 8 at GCSE and am currently doing it for A-level. This is what really helped me:
1. having a good set of notes, I personally found the AQA textbooks to be fab, but they had a lot of unnecessary info, you don't need, so try to summaries the key facts. This will help consolidate your knowledge.
2. After you have a good set of notes, try to do some extra reading around the subjects, I found this helped me because it made me enjoy the subject more because I had that deeper understanding. Even watching documentaries and movies on the topics is quite a fun way to get to grips with some of the info.
3. Practice questions are really useful, don't do them in timed conditions at first, use your notes. It is really useful to put your knowledge into practice in an exam-style early on. Also, find an exemplar online to help you with the structure, and follow this structure until you feel comfortable with it.
I hope you find this useful, good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending