The Student Room Group

13 days till pure math 1 exams

im still getting very low, like 23/75. please drop any advices to get it up to a low A (i really need it and am willing to put in the hours, just need some guidance). i also have other subjects to worry about, so please don't say study 10 hours a day or something
Original post by diinaaa
im still getting very low, like 23/75. please drop any advices to get it up to a low A (i really need it and am willing to put in the hours, just need some guidance). i also have other subjects to worry about, so please don't say study 10 hours a day or something

Wait 13 days, what's your exam board? I would honestly advise grinding past papers. Like there's really not much in the way of content for maths, and many of the more complex formulas are provided in the formula booklet if you forget them anyway. Exposing yourself to more questions and possible variations is the best idea. Just do a bunch of questions for each topic in maths (at least just the ones you struggle in), then you can leave time to properly revise for your other subjects that are probably more content heavy. Just my advice.
Reply 2
Original post by toxicgamage56
Wait 13 days, what's your exam board? I would honestly advise grinding past papers. Like there's really not much in the way of content for maths, and many of the more complex formulas are provided in the formula booklet if you forget them anyway. Exposing yourself to more questions and possible variations is the best idea. Just do a bunch of questions for each topic in maths (at least just the ones you struggle in), then you can leave time to properly revise for your other subjects that are probably more content heavy. Just my advice.

im doing CIE AS level math (in may 3rd i have p1 or pure math 1). thank you for the advice. i did so many past papers and yet saw very little improvement im starting to lose hope but at the same time i need that A too
Reply 3
instead of doing past papers, I would suggest that you get a very clear understanding of the concept first. in my opinion, maths past papers are useless if you don't understand the concept, as the questions this year could be very different to the questions last year. I would say watch YouTube videos on each of the topics. Ive found this YouTube channel very helpful: "zainematics", if you can understand Urdu, and even if you can't, he is still extremely helpful. i wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by diinaaa
im doing CIE AS level math (in may 3rd i have p1 or pure math 1). thank you for the advice. i did so many past papers and yet saw very little improvement im starting to lose hope but at the same time i need that A too
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ayla013
instead of doing past papers, I would suggest that you get a very clear understanding of the concept first. in my opinion, maths past papers are useless if you don't understand the concept, as the questions this year could be very different to the questions last year. I would say watch YouTube videos on each of the topics. Ive found this YouTube channel very helpful: "zainematics", if you can understand Urdu, and even if you can't, he is still extremely helpful. i wish you all the best :smile:

i was just done with those back in feb i believe. and i used zainematics too lol. not sure why i don't see any improvement even after that
Reply 5
Original post by diinaaa
i was just done with those back in feb i believe. and i used zainematics too lol. not sure why i don't see any improvement even after that

btw if i can get 62/75 and 41/50 won't i comfortably get an A? those are the thresholds for p1 and s1 for m/j'19 and cambridge said they'll try to make this m/j session's one similar to that
Reply 6
Can someone help me and explain the second page, please 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest