The Student Room Group

Loughborough vs Birmingham for placements

Hi,

I have offers from the university of Loughborough and Birmingham for business management next year and was wondering if anyone knows the percentage of students from each university who are able to obtain placements during their course. Any advice on choosing between the two or information about the difficulty of getting a placement at each university would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Email each Uni and ask them.
Original post by James_stevens23
Hi,

I have offers from the university of Loughborough and Birmingham for business management next year and was wondering if anyone knows the percentage of students from each university who are able to obtain placements during their course. Any advice on choosing between the two or information about the difficulty of getting a placement at each university would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi @James_stevens23

Congrats on your offers!

It's great to hear you're considering coming to Loughborough! I'm currently in my first year hear studying Marketing and Management (which shares a lot of the same first year modules as the Management course) so I thought I might be able to help.

Although I don't know the exact percentage of students who get a placement on the Management course, one the main reasons I chose to come to Loughborough was because of their placement programme. Loughborough has a fantastic careers network that provides you with so much support when looking for a placement and also for graduate roles. From helping you with your CV to conducting mock interviews they really help you to prepare when looking for a placement. You can find more information about this service here. Also because so many courses here offer placements each school has it's own dedicated placements team which I think is good to know.

Something I've found really helpful is that I'm currently completing a module dedicated to skills for studying, getting a placement and employment. So I've been able to have lectures and tutorials timetabled in to help me develop my CV, prepare for interviews and assessment centres which I've found really helpful and made me feel a lot more confident for applying to placements. At the beginning of the year I also attended a careers fair that had a range of roles and employers and it was a great opportunity to have a look as to hat placements are out there and what I might be interested in doing.

I hope this was helpful and do let us know if you have any other questions :smile:

Jess
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks for the info Jess!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending