The Student Room Group

A-level study/revision doubts

So. I've chosen what I want to do for my A-levels (Psychology, maths, biology). Is this too hard? How much will I have to study? Is a grade A achievable? Any answers welcome that are related
I thought you were in year 9???
Original post by Emmmaaaa...

Maybe OP is just curious. Let's not dismiss OP as a troll. Or maybe some unusual educational path...
Original post by justlearning1469
Maybe OP is just curious. Let's not dismiss OP as a troll. Or maybe some unusual educational path...

Original post by Emmmaaaa...

Why are you so invested in my age?? I asked a question, and I'd like proper answers
Original post by .p.e.r.s.o.n.
So. I've chosen what I want to do for my A-levels (Psychology, maths, biology). Is this too hard? How much will I have to study? Is a grade A achievable? Any answers welcome that are related

I have done these a levels ( bio math chem last year, math resit and psychology first sitting this year. ) psychology aqa has no coursework so is the best specification to choose, otherwise you may end up with lots of essays and coursework. Maths is a good a level but it is much much harder than gcse. If you're not comfortably in a 8/9 at GCSE, I'd have a chat with your teacher to discuss it. Could be that GCSE maths you just have an issue studying for it but they 100% recommend the a level, idk. Biology is excellent, great fun, just a lot of memorisation like psychology. if you're good at writing, and you have a good memory of words, phrases, and methods ( for maths ), then As are entirely possible.
Thanks.
Just going to recommend Miss Estruch on Youtube. She talks you through A-Level bio content and I basically owe her my bio grade.
Prioritise past papers during revision and you should be fine. Good luck.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest