The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

The Pinnacles Accommodation Sheffield Hallam

Hi.. I'm applying for accommodation for sheffield hallam, i was thinking of the pinnacles it seems affordable, not too far and fun, but i was reading some reviews and got mixed opinions. I was wondering if someone who stayed there can tell me what they think of it, what was their experience like and is the accom acc how they show in photos on the unis website. thank youu
Original post by M.E.xx
Hi.. I'm applying for accommodation for sheffield hallam, i was thinking of the pinnacles it seems affordable, not too far and fun, but i was reading some reviews and got mixed opinions. I was wondering if someone who stayed there can tell me what they think of it, what was their experience like and is the accom acc how they show in photos on the unis website. thank youu

Hey there @M.E.xx !
Whilst I haven't stayed in the Pinnacles myself, I have visited there and have friends who stayed there for first year so can try and help as best as I can. Obviously every flat has its wear and tear as many people have stayed in it. The Pinnacles does look how it appears in photos but obviously it's hard to gage what it will actually be like in the rooms just from pictures. It's hard to explain but it does have the student accommodation feel to it, like you know you're in student accommodation from the furniture and the smell of the flats. Whereas some of the others have more of an apartment block feel to it. The kitchen is all wooden furniture and the rooms are pretty much all the same size and layout (this was true of the flat I visited). I will say in my opinion, it's probably the accommodation that's furthest out of the city centre but if you don't mind that then that's not a problem. I'd probably estimate around a 15-20 minute walk to city campus, as opposed to some of your others that are more like 10. The tramline also goes right past it which can be noisy as it goes every 10 minutes or so but on a night it only comes past once every half an hour and these usually stop running around midnight ish. Your closest big supermarket is a TescoExtra which is around a 5-10 minute walk from the accommodation.

Let me know if you have any more questions about accommodation or university life at Hallam. I've stayed in two accommodations myself and visited a few more of the others so if there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask. Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank youu!! What about the elements?, its more expensive and seems to be one of the more social accommodations which i like but i don't want an accommodations thats too social (house parties most nights etc.) as i don't want to be living in accom thats noisy, a mixture of quite and noisy sometimes is preferable.
Original post by M.E.xx
Thank youu!! What about the elements?, its more expensive and seems to be one of the more social accommodations which i like but i don't want an accommodations thats too social (house parties most nights etc.) as i don't want to be living in accom thats noisy, a mixture of quite and noisy sometimes is preferable.

Hey there @M.E.xx !
The Elements is in a great location. I've been there a couple of times and the flats are actually really nice. Its not directly in the city centre so you don't get the noise from the bars and clubs but it's like a 10 minute walk from city campus. It is one of the most social accommodations and depending on which flat you get, I did find some of the kitchens are a lot smaller than other ones I've been to. The Forge and The Elements are the two most social accommodations in my opinion. I don't know what it's like every night because I haven't lived in either but I've only ever been to flat parties in both. The Elements is actually really nice and the rooms are your standard student accommodation bedroom size.

If you're looking for a mix of social and quiet then I'd suggest having a look at The Gate, LIV Student, Exchange Works or The Trigon. They're a good mix of both. I think it differs every year as to who's living there to be honest as I live at The Gate this year and I was told it was really social last year but to be honest it's been a good mix of both. I never get woken up by flat parties but there is people having them and it's very easy to make friends. The Gate and LIV Student are a little bit more on the pricey side but if you have a higher budget that's fine. Beton House and Central Quay are both more on the quieter side. There is little things going on in some flats but it's quite hard to find them and harder to make new friends unless you're actively looking. Those two are also as far out of the city as The Pinnacles as well.

I've lived at The Gate and Beton House if you have any questions about living at those. If not, I've visited most of the others if you have any more questions. Hope this helped!

Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending