The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading accommodation — St. George's Hall

Hi;

For any of you that are currently studying and living on campus at Reading Uni (or have recently done so), specifically if you are living or you know people that are living in St. George's Hall: how is it?

How are the facilities? And social life? What about the distance to the campus itself or to the library/gym/bars when compared to closer halls, such as Greenow and McCombie?

Also, are the en-suite rooms in this hall pretty much the same/better/worse compared to other en-suite rooms in different halls when it comes to room dimensions, equipment, etc. (for instance, I can notice some differences in the bathrooms of en-suite rooms between different halls through the virtual tours on the UoR website in some there is a cabinet, in some there is none)?

Overall, would you consider it a good hall?

Thank you in advance for any help.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ChilledByNature
Hi;

For any of you that are currently studying and living on campus at Reading Uni (or have recently done so), specifically if you are living or you know people that are living in St. George's Hall: how is it?

How are the facilities? And social life? What about the distance to the campus itself or to the library/gym/bars when compared to closer halls, such as Greenow and McCombie?

Also, are the en-suite rooms in this hall pretty much the same/better/worse compared to other en-suite rooms in different halls when it comes to room dimensions, equipment, etc. (for instance, I can notice some differences in the bathrooms of en-suite rooms between different halls through the virtual tours on the UoR website in some there is a cabinet, in some there is none)?

Overall, would you consider it a good hall?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hey @ChilledByNature!

Great question. I didn't stay at St George's personally, however I have friends who did, who loved their time there. They said:
"It is always sociable and has areas where people tend to hang out most as well as a really nice junior common room. The rooms are great for what you need them for in terms of size and it is so accessible to campus and all the major facilities. I really enjoyed living there and Halls Hotline were brilliant if there ever was an issue and responded instantly."

St George's is just across the road (literally) from the SportsPark gym and is only a 5 minute walk from Park Bar too. It's connected to Christchurch Green which is where the main bus routes are, and some good food options and pharmacy available too, as well as being very close to the University Medical Practice. It is only about 10-15 mins from the centre of Whiteknights campus for all your lectures (although this will depend on your course), where there's also the library, co-op and student union too.

Overall, it depends on what you are personally looking for and what matters the most to you to decipher how 'good' of a halls it is, but from all the people I have spoken to, they have loved their time there!

Hope this helps but let us know if you have any more questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @ChilledByNature!

Great question. I didn't stay at St George's personally, however I have friends who did, who loved their time there. They said:
"It is always sociable and has areas where people tend to hang out most as well as a really nice junior common room. The rooms are great for what you need them for in terms of size and it is so accessible to campus and all the major facilities. I really enjoyed living there and Halls Hotline were brilliant if there ever was an issue and responded instantly."

St George's is just across the road (literally) from the SportsPark gym and is only a 5 minute walk from Park Bar too. It's connected to Christchurch Green which is where the main bus routes are, and some good food options and pharmacy available too, as well as being very close to the University Medical Practice. It is only about 10-15 mins from the centre of Whiteknights campus for all your lectures (although this will depend on your course), where there's also the library, co-op and student union too.

Overall, it depends on what you are personally looking for and what matters the most to you to decipher how 'good' of a halls it is, but from all the people I have spoken to, they have loved their time there!

Hope this helps but let us know if you have any more questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Hi Skye,

Yes, that completely answers my questions.

Thank you for your time!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending