The Student Room Group

University Student hall

Which one is better student hall st George's or sherfield?at reading uni.. Reading Uk
Reply 1
Sherfield is more secluded and quiet, more nature around, so I prefer that. St. Georges is a bit louder so go there if you're an extrovert.
Original post by Sakshi rajpura
Which one is better student hall st George's or sherfield?at reading uni.. Reading Uk

Hey @Sakshi rajpura

Oooh, tough question - both are good for different reasons! Honestly, it really depends what you're looking for as an individual that will make either one better to you personally, as different people will have different priorities in what's most important for them.

Both are located quite close to the Sportspark gym, however, Sherfield is ever so slightly further from the centre of campus, I would personally estimate, and is a bit more 'out of the way' so to speak, as St George's is, although still off campus, very visible and accessible from the immediate campus grounds (but there's not too much in it!). Sherfield is typically one of the quieter halls due to its location I think, but definitely isn't isolated.

What are your preferences in terms of type of room (e.g. number of flatmates, loudness, ensuite/shared bathroom, etc) and what is most important to you when looking for somewhere to live? (Think about what you'd rather be close to and what sort of lifestyle you want around you,etc) This may help with giving advice from our perspective, but also help you think about what you are looking for and make your decision a bit easier.

Hope this helps - let us know your preferences and we may be able to give a bit more helpful advice! Good luck with choosing!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Reply 3
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @Sakshi rajpura

Oooh, tough question - both are good for different reasons! Honestly, it really depends what you're looking for as an individual that will make either one better to you personally, as different people will have different priorities in what's most important for them.

Both are located quite close to the Sportspark gym, however, Sherfield is ever so slightly further from the centre of campus, I would personally estimate, and is a bit more 'out of the way' so to speak, as St George's is, although still off campus, very visible and accessible from the immediate campus grounds (but there's not too much in it!). Sherfield is typically one of the quieter halls due to its location I think, but definitely isn't isolated.

What are your preferences in terms of type of room (e.g. number of flatmates, loudness, ensuite/shared bathroom, etc) and what is most important to you when looking for somewhere to live? (Think about what you'd rather be close to and what sort of lifestyle you want around you,etc) This may help with giving advice from our perspective, but also help you think about what you are looking for and make your decision a bit easier.

Hope this helps - let us know your preferences and we may be able to give a bit more helpful advice! Good luck with choosing!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Thank you for such an elaborated response, my concerns involve silverfish which i have seen in the previous reviews and how will the infrastructure be. I am finding it difficult to know the amount of students staying on a single floor. Also how far is the laundry area and what are facilites for drying the clothes. Looking forward for your response. thanks in advance
Original post by Sakshi rajpura
Thank you for such an elaborated response, my concerns involve silverfish which i have seen in the previous reviews and how will the infrastructure be. I am finding it difficult to know the amount of students staying on a single floor. Also how far is the laundry area and what are facilites for drying the clothes. Looking forward for your response. thanks in advance

Hi @Sakshi rajpura,
You can find out more specific information such as room sizes, flat sizes and other key information here for St George's and here for Sherfield Hall in case there's anything we've missed and to get an idea of infrastructure/washing areas, which are generally only a few minutes walk away if they're not in your building! The majority of halls will have between 6-8 students sharing a flat, at most 10-12 people in our townhouses which obviously have much bigger correlating shared spaces.
In terms of silverfish, they are only attracted to places where there's lots of food and other products lying around in kitchens/ living areas, so as long as you're cleaning your spaces they shouldn't be a problem. If they are, we have an on-hand maintenance team who can come and treat the areas for you.
Best of luck with choosing and do let us know if you have any other questions!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Undergraduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending