The Student Room Group

GCSE English language

Is there a way I can go from a 4 to a 6 in 2 weeks in English Language IGCSE edexcel. What do I need to do to improve?
yes you can 100% just learn the structure and format of the answer
Reply 2
Original post by suzy23
Is there a way I can go from a 4 to a 6 in 2 weeks in English Language IGCSE edexcel. What do I need to do to improve?

look at exemplar essays to see what grade 8/9 students are doing well so you can try and do that in your essays (even if you aren't aiming for an 8 or 9, if you aim higher, you might do better than expected). English language is a lot about analysis of text and themes within it, so for each text find key themes that run through it and for comparison questions, dont forget to compare AND contrast. the PEEL (point, evidence, explain, link to question) format is really good for structuring paragraphs and is nice and concise so I'd suggest you use that. look at your past essays and the feedback your teachers gave you so you can see if there are things you get wrong/need to improve on repeatedly and try to work on those. do past paper questions!! write essays based on previous questions and hand them to your teacher for marking so you can see how you'd do in an actual exam and if you're improving.

hope that helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending