The Student Room Group

Aberdeen or Dundee for Philosophy?

Hi,
I have to choose an insurance choice for my undergraduate application. Glasgow is my firm choice but it is only a conditional offer (I meet the requirements though).
My only two other choices are Aberdeen and Dundee. Ive lived in Aberdeen for 2 years and it was okay but I did feel isolated due to how far away it is from other major cities. Ive visited Dundee once but not really liked it. I'm hoping to get into academia after my degree so I would prefer to choose the uni with the better course. I sadly couldn't find any information of it online. At the same time the student support system is very important to me as I am a disabled student. Any help or information is appreciated :smile:.
Original post by reef.reef
Hi,
I have to choose an insurance choice for my undergraduate application. Glasgow is my firm choice but it is only a conditional offer (I meet the requirements though).
My only two other choices are Aberdeen and Dundee. Ive lived in Aberdeen for 2 years and it was okay but I did feel isolated due to how far away it is from other major cities. Ive visited Dundee once but not really liked it. I'm hoping to get into academia after my degree so I would prefer to choose the uni with the better course. I sadly couldn't find any information of it online. At the same time the student support system is very important to me as I am a disabled student. Any help or information is appreciated :smile:.

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. We won't really be able to give a comparison to Dundee, but can certainly provide some more information about our university which might be useful for you!

I would say that it that it's worth looking for more details on the content of the courses. I'm not sure what you mean by better necessarily, but it's worth having a look at the course pages online to see which one might have more things that interest you on it. If you want more info on what the course involves you can connect with some of our staff and students here who may be able to give you a better idea of what studying your course is like: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/student-life/student-chat.php
We could also help set up a call with one of the lecturers on the course, and you can contact [email protected] if that was something you think would be useful.

Certainly understand that the student support services would be something you'd be looking for more info on! We have quite a bit of information on the support offered on our website: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/support/disability-services-3395.php
We offer the disability services linked there, but are also very proud of the financial guidance, student wellbeing, careers advice, and counselling services we have on offer. Definitely get in contact with [email protected] if you have any questions about this, as they're very happy to help students get set up with support before starting with us.

Realise this is a lot of information above, but hope it's helpful in making a decision! Would certainly recommend getting in contact with Dundee as well so that they can give you some info to help weigh up your options. Let us know if you have any questions that we can help you with!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending