The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

edge hill paramedic practice

hi, i'm trying to decide between edge hill and another uni and would like to know the course and placement structure. Is there placements involved with specific groups such as women, maternity and children or is it mainly just general placements? i take interest in these areas and it's a big factor in determining which uni to go to. It's a course I'd love to study but the website is slightly vague and doesn't map out particular areas i would study.
Thank you x
Original post by Imogenmarsland
hi, i'm trying to decide between edge hill and another uni and would like to know the course and placement structure. Is there placements involved with specific groups such as women, maternity and children or is it mainly just general placements? i take interest in these areas and it's a big factor in determining which uni to go to. It's a course I'd love to study but the website is slightly vague and doesn't map out particular areas i would study.
Thank you x

Hi Imogen,

It's great to hear that you're considering Edge Hill University.

Paramedic practice students spend approximately 50% of the course on placement. This will include main hub placements at ambulance stations and more bespoke placements in NHS hospitals, community trusts, social care services and the independent sector.

Students do complete a compulsory maternity care unit at our Ormskirk campus and spend time in our Clinical Skills facilities. The team will aim to provide you with a variety of placements to allow you to have relevant and varied experience necessary to work as a paramedic. This range of experience is required to thrive in the role and feel prepared when you graduate.

I hope this helps,

Best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending