The Student Room Group

any help please

I’m a resit student who hasn’t gotten the grades again for pharmacy and I’ve applied to clearing university’s and I’m just really stressed out, and it’s really mentally exhausting me because I put all of this effort and was seeing results but then when it came to the exams which I thought I did well, it decided to to destroy me again. I just need some form of advice or reassurance because right now I feel like I got future ahead and resitting again is not an option for me. Does it even matter that I get into a bad university for pharmacy or not? I’m afraid of the teaching style the school, students etc I’m an extremely anxious person and all of this is taking a huge toll on me at the moment despite trying to relax
Reply 1
Sorry to hear that you are feeling like this - if you really want to do pharmacy as a career you need to be willing to work hard whatever university you end up going to. You may think a university is "bad" but it can be hard to tell from the point of view of an applicant. Have you tried to reach out to any students who are currently studying the course you want to do at those universities? What do they think about it? Is there any other course that you will consider doing?

Although this moment in your life must be very tough, please don't make panicking your main focus. I know that is much easier said than done but if you remain stressed and anxious for too long it won't allow you to make any progress - I'm sure you know that already though. Try to be effective in the time you have by getting as much info as you can so you can make better decisions.

Please speak to people too - if there is anyone you can reach out to talk to, please do. I had a moment in my life where I was extremely anxious too - I just tried my best and spoke to people, and to be honest, that's all that mattered in the end.

Goodluck
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lotus9765.
I’m a resit student who hasn’t gotten the grades again for pharmacy and I’ve applied to clearing university’s and I’m just really stressed out, and it’s really mentally exhausting me because I put all of this effort and was seeing results but then when it came to the exams which I thought I did well, it decided to to destroy me again. I just need some form of advice or reassurance because right now I feel like I got future ahead and resitting again is not an option for me. Does it even matter that I get into a bad university for pharmacy or not? I’m afraid of the teaching style the school, students etc I’m an extremely anxious person and all of this is taking a huge toll on me at the moment despite trying to relax

I re sat my a levels too - i was so motivated and determined only to be devastated with the results I got, even more cause I knew the stupid questions I got wrong which could’ve got me a B . I applied to pharmacy too - Huddersfield uni do a course called a science extended degree which if you pass 70% u can progress into pharmacy or optometry - which still is a massive risk bc you’re basically screwed if you don’t achieve that. The university of reading do a foundation year in pharmacy , brighton do want to I think. Tbf I think cause pharmacy is such a specific degree it doesn’t really matter what uni you go too , it’s like if you do law at a metropolitan university , then law at KCL it’s different . But with pharmacy a jobs gunno hire you regardless of which uni you went to. Like the nhs doesn’t care .people go Bulgaria to study medicine and they come back to the uk as a doctor . I went through the same thing this year as you , I know how you feel . But what’s done is done , forget the past focus on what you want and that is pharmacy . You can do this put your heart into it,I believe in you. I am anxious too , if the teaching style isn’t good - you can still consolidate after every lecture, watch videos and read over notes do everything you can. And every uni you go students are gunno either be ********s or nice or fake or whatever . You can’t control things around you but u can control yourself , your emotions , your work ethic.
Reply 3
Original post by Leah76929
I re sat my a levels too - i was so motivated and determined only to be devastated with the results I got, even more cause I knew the stupid questions I got wrong which could’ve got me a B . I applied to pharmacy too - Huddersfield uni do a course called a science extended degree which if you pass 70% u can progress into pharmacy or optometry - which still is a massive risk bc you’re basically screwed if you don’t achieve that. The university of reading do a foundation year in pharmacy , brighton do want to I think. Tbf I think cause pharmacy is such a specific degree it doesn’t really matter what uni you go too , it’s like if you do law at a metropolitan university , then law at KCL it’s different . But with pharmacy a jobs gunno hire you regardless of which uni you went to. Like the nhs doesn’t care .people go Bulgaria to study medicine and they come back to the uk as a doctor . I went through the same thing this year as you , I know how you feel . But what’s done is done , forget the past focus on what you want and that is pharmacy . You can do this put your heart into it,I believe in you. I am anxious too , if the teaching style isn’t good - you can still consolidate after every lecture, watch videos and read over notes do everything you can. And every uni you go students are gunno either be ********s or nice or fake or whatever . You can’t control things around you but u can control yourself , your emotions , your work ethic.

Thanks for reassuring me, I'm just trying to apply to any uni I can as of now because I'm running out of options. I've been rejected by a couple now and I've only got like 3 more uni's left that are on clearing for pharmacy so thats stressing me out too its not like i didnt apply on time too. I applied straight when clearing opened up but they all just keep rejecting me, when i've seen people with grades worse than me get in and that just makes me feel like im the problem and its really unfair.

Hey @lotus9765. I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing? I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so discouraged and stressed with everything, but it is totally normal to feel this way especially when you've put in a lot of effort and were hopeful for more positive results. Please remember that grades do not define you or your future, you should be so proud of yourself regardless. #BeResultsProud

It's also totally normal to feel anxious about uni aspects such as the teaching style, the students etc, but universities have great support systems in place to help you when you are struggling and need to reach out.

You could check to see whether the uni you are looking at has students on unibuddy, which is a way you can chat to current students directly and ask them about the uni, the course, what it's like to be a student there. This could help alleviate some of your worries and concerns.

I wish you all the best!

Becky

Hi @lotus9765.,

Sorry to hear you didn’t get the grades you wanted, but there’s no need to panic! You can find a place with us at #DerbyUni by messaging us via social media, filling out our online enquiry form or calling our Clearing hotline on 01332 592023.

If you're feeling anxious about anything, feel free to contact our student wellbeing and support services, and they will help guide you through your next steps at university - you've got this!

Best of luck 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending