The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Business with Law

Has anyone firmed Queen Mary for business with law and also any current students how is the course? thanks x
Original post by sarahiqbalx
Has anyone firmed Queen Mary for business with law and also any current students how is the course? thanks x

Hey there! Congratulations! I am currently a law student, but I do have a flatmate who is a business with law student- she seems to be enjoying it! In first year there seems to be a good balance between law and business modules, and I imagine that in years after there would also be some compulsory modules in both but with your module choice you'll be able to focus on whichever one you wish to more. Please do let me know if I can be of any further help!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by QMUL Student Rep
Hey there! Congratulations! I am currently a law student, but I do have a flatmate who is a business with law student- she seems to be enjoying it! In first year there seems to be a good balance between law and business modules, and I imagine that in years after there would also be some compulsory modules in both but with your module choice you'll be able to focus on whichever one you wish to more. Please do let me know if I can be of any further help!

Thank you so much!! How is the uni in terms of people and lecturers? What accomodation would you recommend and is business with law taught at the mile end campus?
Original post by sarahiqbalx
Thank you so much!! How is the uni in terms of people and lecturers? What accomodation would you recommend and is business with law taught at the mile end campus?

No worries at all! Business with law is taught at the Mile End campus, yes. The accommodation I recommend is very dependent on how much your willing to spend XD in terms of cost effectiveness and getting bang for your buck, I think Stocks Court is probably the best, although it is about a 5 minute walk from campus (which I think is actually great, but some people feel differently about that sort of thing). If you're willing to spend a bit more though, then France House and Beaumont Court are really pretty and probably the best serviced, but also on the more expensive end. Theres a whole lot of good ones in between though. The only one I probably wouldnt recommend is Albert Stein- its the cheapest but from what I've heard theres a reason for that to say the least.
In terms of people, I think the uni is great. There are loads of different kinds of people around of course, but thats great because there are definitely people you can chill with and you will make some really good friends. We're also the most diverse Russell Group uni- about 41 ish percent of the uni is international, and a solid percentage of the remaining are also people with heritage from other countries who are just also british nationals.
In terms of lecturers, I think to be completely honest like most unis, theres a range. So there are some really good ones, and there are others who are not so great. But on the whole, especially with tutorials as well, you generally are able to ask questions and have sufficient opportunities to get a good grasp of what is being taught. More often than not, some people who are poor lecturers are actually great tutors because they work better with smaller groups, so never fear! You get a complete teaching experience.

This was a long reply, but I wanted to make sure I answered you in as much detail as possible- please do let me know if I can be of any further help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending