The Student Room Group

Help

I have gone back down to rock bottom again. At uni I haven’t spoke to anyone for the past week. Went out to lunch for a friend and couldn’t speak I was so anxious. My boyfriend is worried about me, I can’t even speak to him without shutting down . Idk what is wrong with me , I could feel myself becoming bad again a couple weeks ago but now I have totally reclused
Original post by revival222
I have gone back down to rock bottom again. At uni I haven’t spoke to anyone for the past week. Went out to lunch for a friend and couldn’t speak I was so anxious. My boyfriend is worried about me, I can’t even speak to him without shutting down . Idk what is wrong with me , I could feel myself becoming bad again a couple weeks ago but now I have totally reclused

Hi there

I'm really sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment. Whenever I'm feeling anxious i struggle to get my words out too but I find that writing really helps me get everything out. Writing/journalling can be really beneficial, especially for anxiety, just let your thoughts spill out onto the paper even if you're writing 'I don't know what I feel'. Some people enjoy writing in a journal and others prefer to write on paper and then get rid of the paper as it helps them feel like they're letting go of some of the thoughts and emotions that they're feeling (I know its not as easy as that but for some people it really helps). You may also feel more comfortable writing to your boyfriend, even if its just to let him know that you're not okay at the moment and you need support. If you feel that you are able to, I would really try and reach out to the wellbeing team at your uni. You don't necessarily have to speak to them over the phone or in person, you can always email them and I'm sure they will get back to you as soon as they can. You are not alone in how you are feeling and things really do get better but please reach out to your uni or to MIND if you feel that you are struggling.

Mind - https://www.mind.org.uk/get-involved/speak-to-us/cost-of-living/

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Reply 2
Original post by revival222

Sorry to hear you are struggling with this. If things are impacting your life quite badly, it might be worth speaking to your GP about it, as there are things available that could be helpful, including medication and/or talking therapies.

Quick Reply

Latest