The Student Room Group

French A level mocks

My French mock is in two weeks and I ideally need a B. Currently I'm working at a higher D. How can I improve my grade as much as possible? is it possible for me to go from a D to a B in two weeks?
Reply 1
Original post by abc-2006
My French mock is in two weeks and I ideally need a B. Currently I'm working at a higher D. How can I improve my grade as much as possible? is it possible for me to go from a D to a B in two weeks?

It’s probably going to be very difficult to do but not impossible. I’d first of all advise you to ask your teacher for advice - just because they know your strengths and weaknesses best so can probably give the most individualised advice.

That said, I also take French and have mocks soon so this is my advice:
Vocab. Vocab and more vocab; the fact is that if you don’t know this and/or can’t spell it, you can’t get the marks for almost anything.
Also, it’s probably going to be really hard to do lots of complex grammar in two weeks so focus on the basics - if you’re currently working at a D you’re probably making mistakes with things like present regulars and perfect tense - these errors lose you a lot more marks than ones in, say, the subjunctive or the conditional perfect, so make sure you know these basic tenses. If you have time, you can learn some stock complex phrases to use in your writing (e.g. bien qu’il/elle soit although he/she is, après avoir/être after -ing (e.g. after doing my homework)), to get even more language marks.
But yeah, in general it’s probably vocab and fundamental grammar that would get you a high C or a B, but I would recommend talking to your teacher as they know what you can do and what you struggle with.
Hope this helps and please feel free to ask any further questions - I’m very happy to help with any and all things French-related.

Quick Reply

Latest