The Student Room Group

English language revision

Do u revise English language or not?
Reply 1
Original post by 18SNaveed
Do u revise English language or not?

I personally use literature skills to complete this so I don’t actually revise maybe just past paper wbu
Reply 2
Tbh depends. on writing skills, at the start of the year my lit was soo much better than lang, but if your exam is close, Idk the exam board, if you read articles daily it should be helpful and memorise phrases for descriptive pieces or stories.
Reply 3
Original post by a------n
Tbh depends. on writing skills, at the start of the year my lit was soo much better than lang, but if your exam is close, Idk the exam board, if you read articles daily it should be helpful and memorise phrases for descriptive pieces or stories.

Thx - i do aqa btw
Reply 4
If your teacher is willing to, giving in your practice essays will allow you to see where you need to focus more on and for the exam you can look there. Another thing you can do is just search up a lot of different types of literary techniques such as alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphors, hyperbole, personification, simile, imagery, allegory, irony, oxymoron, flashbacks. It is good to know the techniques but what is most important is that you explain the impact that is has within the text (specifically the impact in the text you are analysing). Another thing is analysing the structure of the text. This can be a shift in focus or sentence structures. Hope this helps and sorry if I have repeated anything that has already been stated!
Reply 5
Original post by _user_
If your teacher is willing to, giving in your practice essays will allow you to see where you need to focus more on and for the exam you can look there. Another thing you can do is just search up a lot of different types of literary techniques such as alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphors, hyperbole, personification, simile, imagery, allegory, irony, oxymoron, flashbacks. It is good to know the techniques but what is most important is that you explain the impact that is has within the text (specifically the impact in the text you are analysing). Another thing is analysing the structure of the text. This can be a shift in focus or sentence structures. Hope this helps and sorry if I have repeated anything that has already been stated!

Thx so much, really helpful
im sitting my exams in a few weeks so 🤓
Reply 6
Original post by 18SNaveed
Thx so much, really helpful
im sitting my exams in a few weeks so 🤓

No problem! Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
you can also look on exampro for aqa (demo version) and see how aqa marked students work and what marks they were awarded, thats what i did last year
Reply 8
Original post by mskr710
you can also look on exampro for aqa (demo version) and see how aqa marked students work and what marks they were awarded, thats what i did last year

Ok thanks
😊

Quick Reply

Latest