The Student Room Group

Alevel cs courseowrk

Hi, I’m doing my Alevel computer science coursework but I don’t think I’ll do well in it as it’s been so hard to complete. I need an A overall and the coursework is 20% of this grade (the 80% being the exams). If I got a C or a B in the coursework but A’s in both the exams would I be able to get an A overall?
Thanks
Reply 1
So what they do (or at least most exam boards) is tally up the marks and make it out of the total marks available for all course assessments/ papers. If you get a B in coursework but A in exams, you will definitely pass with high-grade A marks. If you get a C in the coursework but As, you're likely to get B to low A. Really depends how many marks you get from the exam/ written paper(s). Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Purpllegrape9
Hi, I’m doing my Alevel computer science coursework but I don’t think I’ll do well in it as it’s been so hard to complete. I need an A overall and the coursework is 20% of this grade (the 80% being the exams). If I got a C or a B in the coursework but A’s in both the exams would I be able to get an A overall?
Thanks

For me and what Eduqas does is the total marks for A level is 500 marks.

Coursework is 100 of those Marks. So yeah 20%.

We will sit 2 papers both being 100 marks but your result gets doubled to make it 500.

As long as you get around 63-5% of those 500 marks youd get an A. So you could completely fail coursework and still get an A* if you aced the papers.

Quick Reply

Latest