The Student Room Group

What is the best plan for me?

Im trying to figure out what alevels to take.
I dropped from a 9 to a 5 on CS recently, so that is out of the question. I havent had a teacher for either CS or Chemistry for 2 years, so its been rough.
I wanted to do CS for A level, but ive decided that isnt a good idea. Science is also a no.
So, i i have English - Double 7's for both
,Maths - an 8
Physics - an 8
Biology - a 7
History - a 7
Geography - an 8
German - a 6
Chemistry - a 4
CS - a 5
I know that these are ok grades, but i will be competing against others who had the same grades, so it will make it a lot harder for me. I know that i will be competing with the top percent of the people taking these choices.
With my choices so far, I have chosen A level History, English Literature and Economics.
Is there something better for me to take? Considering this.
Original post by username6692333
Im trying to figure out what alevels to take.
I dropped from a 9 to a 5 on CS recently, so that is out of the question. I havent had a teacher for either CS or Chemistry for 2 years, so its been rough.
I wanted to do CS for A level, but ive decided that isnt a good idea. Science is also a no.
So, i i have English - Double 7's for both
,Maths - an 8
Physics - an 8
Biology - a 7
History - a 7
Geography - an 8
German - a 6
Chemistry - a 4
CS - a 5
I know that these are ok grades, but i will be competing against others who had the same grades, so it will make it a lot harder for me. I know that i will be competing with the top percent of the people taking these choices.
With my choices so far, I have chosen A level History, English Literature and Economics.
Is there something better for me to take? Considering this.

It is sensible to not pick subjects you are not going to do well in, which I can see you have done. I would consider what you want to do after A-levels, as well as subjects you know you currently enjoy.
Reply 2
Do something you enjoy. I took A-Level maths and it's a lot more difficult and time-consuming than GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest