The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

How good is MMUs game art course?

Hi there,
I received an offer from mmu for their game art course, but I'm not sure if I should accept it. I've heard a lot of nice things about the university, but cant seem to find much about this specific degree.

I can't find anything online about what software they use, and I haven't found any examples of student work from the course, so I'm uncertain if I'll be able to develop my technical skills through this course.

If anyone has any any information about the quality of the practical work created on this course or any examples of student work, I would really appreciate it. thank you.
(edited 10 months ago)
It's the third best in the country if you look at the league tables for this sort of field:
https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2022/sep/24/best-uk-universities-for-animation-game-design-league-table

My daughter is hoping to do this at MMU in 2024 as well.

My husband is studying 3D Games Art at BNU but they're only ranked 9th at the moment (it's the only reason I know so much about it, to be honest).
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Nezaphix
Hi there,
I received an offer from mmu for their game art course, but I'm not sure if I should accept it. I've heard a lot of nice things about the university, but cant seem to find much about this specific degree.

I can't find anything online about what software they use, and I haven't found any examples of student work from the course, so I'm uncertain if I'll be able to develop my technical skills through this course.

If anyone has any any information about the quality of the practical work created on this course or any examples of student work, I would really appreciate it. thank you.

Hi @Nezaphix

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at Man Met!

Games Art will be focused on making art using tools such as Maya, Blender, Substance and Zbrush for use in Games, VR and other use cases.

Our School of Digital Art (SODA) has been purpose-built to develop industry-standard skills, so it offers industry-standard facilities – giving you every opportunity to get to grips with professional-grade development and design technology.

You can take a look at our SODA facilities here

You might find it useful to look at these statistics related to student feedback about the course, employment prospects and graduate perceptions.

We don't have any examples of student work published online, but if you get in contact with us via email, our team will be happy to help provide you with the information you need.

I hope this helps and we hope to see you in September!!

Chloe :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Nezaphix
Hi there,

Hey, I have the same concern right now.
Did you end up finding anything out?
Original post by kaaat__
Hey, I have the same concern right now.
Did you end up finding anything out?

Hi @kaaat__! If you've received an offer to study at Man Met, I really recommend coming along to one of our applicant visit days. They really help with the decision making process because you can get a feel for the uni and speak with tutors who can help to clear up any concerns you might have🙂 - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending