The Student Room Group

A level options

I'm in year 11 and considering changing my a level choices. Right now I have chemistry, biology and psychology as my options but I sort of want to change chemistry. It's my weakest subject at a low/mid 7 and I don't really enjoy it but I can't tell if that's just the GCSE topics covered and my teacher :frown: any advice?
Reply 1
If you're not enjoying it now, you probably won't enjoy it at A-level. I enjoyed Chemistry at GCSE but when I did it at A-level I hated it.

Of course, this could be because there was only 1 other person in my class (who I disliked) and I hated my new teacher however I do also think I just didn't enjoy the content as well. Perhaps look at the chemistry A-level textbook and spec that your school uses and see if the topics are of interest.

What are you thinking about going into? If you don't need chemistry for it then I'd say change it. What are you considering to change it to? I'd say something like maths would compliment the other subjects nicely.

If you can, maybe take 4 including Chemistry just to test it out for a bit and then if you don't enjoy it then drop it and keep going with three
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest