The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Study at Leeds or try and get into Durham next year?

gg
(edited 8 months ago)
Which course modules do you like the sound of better? Which city do you like more? Leeds is still a high ranking RG university so if you're looking for prestige it's really not a problem being at Leeds.
Would you be happy during a gap year or would you feel a bit left out if your peers are going off to uni? What would you do for the year?
You could always go along to an open day at Durham and and have a look around the city, but don't base your choices on prestige alone. Most employers don't actually care where you went to university.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Which course modules do you like the sound of better? Which city do you like more? Leeds is still a high ranking RG university so if you're looking for prestige it's really not a problem being at Leeds.
Would you be happy during a gap year or would you feel a bit left out if your peers are going off to uni? What would you do for the year?
You could always go along to an open day at Durham and and have a look around the city, but don't base your choices on prestige alone. Most employers don't actually care where you went to university.

Leeds was the first uni I visited and I immediately liked the look of it, though Durham looks nice also. I’m just questioning whether the quality of education/teaching will be much different between the two? Or is there a similar level between all russel group universities?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
If you want to go to Durham, then don't start at any other Uni.

Many top Unis don;t allow transfers to the 2nd year - and if you have to start again at Year 1 you will have another year's debt you didnt need to have.

Drop your ICAS application for this year and reapply in September to Durham, Leeds, Bristol etc - going to Uni isnt a race and its worth a gap year to get to the Uni you actually want.
Reply 4
Life in Durham compared to Leeds or Bristol is very different. Check out the YouTube videos.

Quick Reply

Latest