The Student Room Group

Use of holiday entitlement

Being entitled to 134 hours which is equivalent to 6 weeks how do I manage and use my holiday hours productively throughout the year I had two particular months in mind for holiday which was March which is the start of Ramadan and being honest working during Ramadan on consecutive days from 4am will be challenging and difficult especially having to take a break in between and half way through a shift and not in the end in the last half an hour of my shift as I do to then go home and lastly the end of November beginning of December the last week before Christmas period begins and also it is significant to me because it’s a loved one birthday to which I celebrate always. So with 4 weeks worth of holiday left how do I use it in between throughout the year wisely and smartly to make it last until the next financial year… I’d like to ideally have enough holiday saved so I can use it before next year entitlement which is March again so how often would you recommend it’s wise to take a holiday after working.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by username5955039
Being entitled to 134 hours which is equivalent to 6 weeks how do I manage and use my holiday hours productively throughout the year I had two particular months in mind for holiday which was March which is the start of Ramadan and being honest working during Ramadan on consecutive days from 4am will be challenging and difficult especially having to take a break in between and half way through a shift and not in the end in the last half an hour of my shift as I do to then go home and lastly the end of November beginning of December the last week before Christmas period begins and also it is significant to me because it’s a loved one birthday to which I celebrate always. So with 4 weeks worth of holiday left how do I use it in between throughout the year wisely and smartly to make it last until the next financial year… I’d like to ideally have enough holiday saved so I can use it before next year entitlement which is March again so how often would you recommend it’s wise to take a holiday after working.

Spread them out and book various weeks off spread out evenly throughout the year.
I always leave a couple of days until nearer the end of the holiday year and use them nearer the time (just in case anything happens and i need to book an unexpected holiday off work).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending