The Student Room Group

How do I make my resources for english?

Hi, I'm struggling with a little bit of a dilemma here.
In class, we have started looking at the aqa poetry of love and relationships and I figured I'd sort my notes into one place so I can refer and add annotations later. During the first few poems, we got a printed sheet of each poem we started and I glued it in my book and added all annotations to it. Then we got a booklet from the aqa examboard with copies of all the poems in it, so I decided to copy all my annotations on there, so all I have to do is write my notes in the booklet and everything would be in one place.
Problem is that my teacher isn't letting us write the extra stuff (like context, notes about structure and overall form of the poem) about the poem in the booklet, she wants it to be in our exercise books instead. I'm getting a bit confused on how I should organise the notes, I did want everything to be in one place but now it feels really disorganised (but that might be my habit for over-organising things)
Any thoughts?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by *LifeHappens*
In class, we have started looking at the aqa poetry of love and relationships and I figured I'd sort my notes into one place so I can refer and add annotations later. During the first few poems, we got a printed sheet of each poem we started and I glued it in my book and added all annotations to it. Then we got a booklet from the aqa examboard with copies of all the poems in it, so I decided to copy all my annotations on there, so all I have to do is write my notes in the booklet and everything would be in one place.
Problem is that my teacher isn't letting us write the extra stuff (like context, notes about structure and overall form of the poem) about the poem in the booklet, she wants it to be in our exercise books instead. I'm getting a bit confused on how I should organise the notes, I did want everything to be in one place but now it feels really disorganised (but that might be my habit for over-organising things)
Any thoughts?

*AQA poetry anthology of love and relationships
Reply 2
Any thoughts?

If anyone can, can someone please help me decide whether to use cgp, york notes or PMT for my english poetry notes?
Reply 3
If anyone can, can someone please help me decide whether to use cgp, york notes or PMT for my english poetry notes?

In response to your original post: do as you see fit! If you want to write your annotations in that booklet, then do so. If your teacher, like you suggest, is discouraging that, then you may have to consider copying your exercise book annotations into that respective booklet after the lesson.

And in response to your question quoted above, do not feel limited to just one of those resources. It will be best practice to collate a wide range of resources so my suggestion would be to use them all.
Reply 4
Original post by Alfie1001
In response to your original post: do as you see fit! If you want to write your annotations in that booklet, then do so. If your teacher, like you suggest, is discouraging that, then you may have to consider copying your exercise book annotations into that respective booklet after the lesson.

And in response to your question quoted above, do not feel limited to just one of those resources. It will be best practice to collate a wide range of resources so my suggestion would be to use them all.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't yet bought the study guides for english yet, so there's still plenty of time to see which ones go more in-depth.
I may have to copy down the annotations onto the booklet at a separate time, most likely I would probably make another resource summarising all my notes and annotations for that poem

Quick Reply

Latest