The Student Room Group

What are all the factors that a uni takes into consideration when giving you an offer

So I'm currently in year 12 and want to make sure that by the time I submit my application next year, I want every single factor I can control to be perfect. So if anyone could list all the details that a uni sees when deciding whether to not to give you an offer, id appreciate it thanks.
Original post by eben_1025
So I'm currently in year 12 and want to make sure that by the time I submit my application next year, I want every single factor I can control to be perfect. So if anyone could list all the details that a uni sees when deciding whether to not to give you an offer, id appreciate it thanks.

They see:

The qualifications for which you have studied, and which are currently studying, since the start of secondary school. For most people this will be GCSEs and A levels.

The grades for each of the above (actual grades where you know them, or predictions from your school / college if you've yet to take them or yet to receive your results).

The personal statement which you write to accompany your UCAS statement. You should use this to demonstrate your interest in, and enthusiasm for, your chosen degree course. People often use this to discuss any extracurricular activities which they think will be of interest to universities.

The academic reference which your school / college provides. You will have little influence over this.

General information such as your name, address, date of birth, school(s) attended, nationality, etc. - although none of this will be used when deciding whether or not to make you an offer. It may, however, impact the offer you receive (if you are eligible for a contextual offer).
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending