The Student Room Group

revise

How do I go from a 4 to a 6 in a week. I haven’t really been revising for GCSE maths as I have been revising for sciences and English.
Reply 1
gcse maths tutor is a youtuber that saved my math trust me try going over his vids.GOOD LUCK!
Reply 2
I’ll be honest with you, this is hard but definitely achievable if you spend a whole week grinding, not leaving a minute to spare.

Here is a website with questions and videos on every topic. I would suggest doing a few, try the hard ones and one of each type of question and go over it if you struggle. https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html

Practice past papers. You need to get into the habit/ the style of what will determine your grade. Do it in timed conditions. This will be good to see if you have improved.

There are videos which cover the whole of the course in 2 hours (obviously they may not be able to give you every style of question but this will help)

Finally I’d like to ask what exam board do you do to see the difference between a 4 and a 6. When doing the past papers use the highest grade boundaries from previous years and then go higher as my tutor said the pressure between an actual exam is different and even though they said they going to lower the boundaries this year you still need to be careful.

Essentially you need to be disciplined and strict with yourself and practice loads of questions and you only get good at maths by practicing.
One word
CORBETTMATHS
all you need fr
Reply 4
https://mathsbot.com/gcse/boundaries Here’s a website which is good to compare boundaries for other years. It does have a few other resources on there.

I also forgot to mention make sure your strict in your marking you won’t know if your examiners nice or not, so don’t be nice to yourself if you were close that means you didn’t get the answer so no mark - it’s as simple as that!!

Sorry if I seem horrible but with limited time(not saying it’s not possible) I have to be strict with you so you can be strict to yourself. You definitely need to make sure you’re not distracted. If you need to, delete your social media, and come back to it when you have your nice long break or remove your phone from your room, stay hydrated. These are simple things to make sure you are concentrating.

Another thing I just remembered is that some people will make fancy notes or posters for maths. This is definitely not needed, especially with you needing to do it in 1 week. Write the method formulae on a sheet or post it note (costs about a pound From Tesco for a bunch) and stuck it on the wall or somewhere
Reply 5
Original post by TimoDoesSchool
One word
CORBETTMATHS
all you need fr

Yes! He was definitely good. You need need to use a variety or you will not be arsed to revise for it as it will end up being boring.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by 7899
I’ll be honest with you, this is hard but definitely achievable if you spend a whole week grinding, not leaving a minute to spare.

Here is a website with questions and videos on every topic. I would suggest doing a few, try the hard ones and one of each type of question and go over it if you struggle. https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html

Practice past papers. You need to get into the habit/ the style of what will determine your grade. Do it in timed conditions. This will be good to see if you have improved.

There are videos which cover the whole of the course in 2 hours (obviously they may not be able to give you every style of question but this will help)

Finally I’d like to ask what exam board do you do to see the difference between a 4 and a 6. When doing the past papers use the highest grade boundaries from previous years and then go higher as my tutor said the pressure between an actual exam is different and even though they said they going to lower the boundaries this year you still need to be careful.

Essentially you need to be disciplined and strict with yourself and practice loads of questions and you only get good at maths by practicing.

My exam board is edexcel. My first maths exam is on the 19th of May. And then I have 2 week before the next on and the week before the others. I use videos like GCSE maths tutor and mathsgenie so I cover the topic pretty quick is just remembering them again is the tough part
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by siocrystal
gcse maths tutor is a youtuber that saved my math trust me try going over his vids.GOOD LUCK!

I actually already watch his videos alongside maths genie
Reply 8
Original post by suzy23
How do I go from a 4 to a 6 in a week. I haven’t really been revising for GCSE maths as I have been revising for sciences and English.

Heya!
You can do your best and do practice questions maths before the exam :h: If it helps, Study Mind has free past papers you can use!

I hope this helps and good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study mind
Reply 9
Original post by suzy23
My exam board is edexcel. My first maths exam is on the 19th of May. And then I have 2 week before the next on and the week before the others. I use videos like GCSE maths tutor and mathsgenie so I cover the topic pretty quick is just remembering them again is the tough part

Apologies for the late response. When using GCSE maths tutor/ maths genie do you actually take in what they are saying in the video and then go and practice it.

At this stage it would suggest use maths genie and forget about the videos go straight into exam style questions for each topic selecting a few from each topic. If you get it right move on. If you get it wrong watch a video, don’t understand that video watch a video from a different YouTuber. Once you understand it check you do.
As I said, before the way you get better at maths is through practice. This is the same way as getting better at footy - it requires practice.

with limited time you need to use it wisely, so watching videos when you probably know the topic may be a waste of time

Quick Reply

Latest