The Student Room Group

Piercing my ear

When I do get my ear pierced. Should I get a stud or an earring in my ear after the piercing has completely healed up?
If you mean during the six week period where you can't take your earring out, a stud is what you have to wear and are referred to as the 'starter' earring. That being said, it depends on how sensitive your skin is in general. I have always stuck to studs as hoops for example use to irritate me for some reason. Not to mention they are a good option for styling outfits since where they are simple, they can go with pretty much anything.
Reply 2
Original post by please help me x
If you mean during the six week period where you can't take your earring out, a stud is what you have to wear and are referred to as the 'starter' earring. That being said, it depends on how sensitive your skin is in general. I have always stuck to studs as hoops for example use to irritate me for some reason. Not to mention they are a good option for styling outfits since where they are simple, they can go with pretty much anything.

Yeah I definitely think it’s a good idea to wear stud for the first 6 weeks. Because I’ve seen people take out the needle out and the hole in the ear looks red, and I’m guessing not sensitive to touch.

Quick Reply

Latest