The Student Room Group

Piercings during pupillage

Hi everyone,

I have 2 helix piercings and I am due to start pupillage next year. I know the Bar has started to move ‘forward’ but I am worried how I will be perceived with two small helix piercings on my ear.

I cannot take them off during working hours as they close and there’s a high risk of scaring.

They really are small as I use small earrings for them and I have been told by many that they’re fine and should cause a problem or in fact even be noticed.

But I would appreciate any advice from those who are doing or have done pupillage and what they think.

Thanks!
It's not so much the view of people doing pupillage as the view of Chambers in general that matters. It all comes down to whether or not Chambers (or those barristers/clerks that you ask) think it looks professional. Personally I can't imagine I'd have an issue with it or that anyone who matters in my set would, but then opinions will differ and I'm aware that I haven't actually seen them. The reality is you need to ask your pupil master or someone senior enough in Chambers to give a reliable view. I'd do that either at a pre pupillage drinks/meeting you have, or the first day of first six. It really isn't a big deal either way though. No one's going to judge you for turning up with piercings, even if they ultimately think you should take them out. So just turn up and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by Crazy Jamie
It's not so much the view of people doing pupillage as the view of Chambers in general that matters. It all comes down to whether or not Chambers (or those barristers/clerks that you ask) think it looks professional. Personally I can't imagine I'd have an issue with it or that anyone who matters in my set would, but then opinions will differ and I'm aware that I haven't actually seen them. The reality is you need to ask your pupil master or someone senior enough in Chambers to give a reliable view. I'd do that either at a pre pupillage drinks/meeting you have, or the first day of first six. It really isn't a big deal either way though. No one's going to judge you for turning up with piercings, even if they ultimately think you should take them out. So just turn up and ask.

Thank you so much! I’ll ask before I go in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending