The Student Room Group

Official Humanitas University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Humanitas University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Humanitas University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Hi I’m a first year med student at humanitas, here is my insta @_giulia.martinelli_, please dont hesitate to contact me in case i can help out 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by Giulia marti
Hi I’m a first year med student at humanitas, here is my insta @_giulia.martinelli_, please dont hesitate to contact me in case i can help out 🙂

Hello Giulia.
I'm not on instagram so I'm leaving my question here.
I'm doing an exam almost identical to the UCAT which is called the HPAT. It's for undergraduate entry to medicine in Ireland.
My exam is on the 17th of February so I won't be able to prepare for the HUMAT until then.
My question is:
Is the UCAT similar to the HUMAT?
Because if it is somewhat similar I should be able to give a good shot, as I have heard the UCAT is harder than the HUMAT
Also is there any Biology, Chemistry or Physics that I need to learn for the HUMAT or is that for previous years.

I will greatly appreciate any advice
Original post by Omar F
Hello Giulia.
I'm not on instagram so I'm leaving my question here.
I'm doing an exam almost identical to the UCAT which is called the HPAT. It's for undergraduate entry to medicine in Ireland.
My exam is on the 17th of February so I won't be able to prepare for the HUMAT until then.
My question is:
Is the UCAT similar to the HUMAT?
Because if it is somewhat similar I should be able to give a good shot, as I have heard the UCAT is harder than the HUMAT
Also is there any Biology, Chemistry or Physics that I need to learn for the HUMAT or is that for previous years.

I will greatly appreciate any advice

Hi I also sat the HPAT and honestly it isn’t all that similiar to the HUMAT, with the exception of the logical reasoning part if I remember correctly
The UCAT however I heard it is similar. However in the HUMAT there are 2 main parts, logical reasoning and reading a text. There is no biology etc, that will only be for the OFAs which you will have to take only if you enter. Hope this helped!
Reply 4
That's great to know. Appreciate the help
I downloaded the trial test papers from the Humanitas Uni website.
I know there are quite a few courses to help prepare, but are there any resources you would recommend in particular, as I will have less than 30 days to prepare. It will save me the hassle of trying out different preparation material.
Thanks in advance
Original post by Omar F
That's great to know. Appreciate the help
I downloaded the trial test papers from the Humanitas Uni website.
I know there are quite a few courses to help prepare, but are there any resources you would recommend in particular, as I will have less than 30 days to prepare. It will save me the hassle of trying out different preparation material.
Thanks in advance

Hi yes I can help you out. I created a google drive that I can share with you and it contains instructions 🙂 on how to better prepare the exam. What is your email?
Hi yes I can help you out. I created a google drive that I can share with you and it contains instructions 🙂 on how to better prepare the exam. What is your email?

Hello, could you also send it to me, I am an aspiring student as well. Thank you. What are OFAs?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello, could you also send it to me, I am an aspiring student as well. Thank you. What are OFAs?

Hi sure just send me your email. The OFAs are a series of tests in bio, chem, maths, and physics to assure the school you have basic scientific knowledge. You have to complete them within the 1st year but don’t worry you can sit them once a month 🙂
Reply 8
Hi sure just send me your email. The OFAs are a series of tests in bio, chem, maths, and physics to assure the school you have basic scientific knowledge. You have to complete them within the 1st year but don’t worry you can sit them once a month 🙂

Hello, sent my email to you in dm :smile:
Reply 9

Thank you, I sent a dm earlier on today
Reply 10
dm'ed you :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending