The Student Room Group

Remote workers, how do you feel?

3 years ago, remote working became the culture. It's still there and there's still hybrid.

How does everyone feel about it?
Personally i find it hard to make relationships this way especially if u r starting a new course Altho not necessarily job as I think most jobs r a blended approach plus theirs maby more opportunities for interaction eg one to one’s team meetings etc
Reply 2
Original post by JVM2020
3 years ago, remote working became the culture. It's still there and there's still hybrid.

How does everyone feel about it?

I can see the benefits in terms of saving time and costs spent on commuting to work, but personally I tend to prefer the hybrid approach with 2 days at home and 3 days in the office.

As much as I enjoy being at home, I live alone and enjoy going into the office to see colleagues, but end up being distracted by conversations which makes me less productive than at home where I can focus with less distractions and get more done.

But I do have friends who don't have a choice because their employer have gotten rid of the office to save on costs and everyone is remote working. Some love it and some find it a bit difficult to adapt to.
Reply 3
my employer did not get rid of Office.

I am finding it somehow isolating doing it a lot. thankfully Friday is my 2nd day on site this month.

I feel I can get a lot done in Office.

Quick Reply

Latest