The Student Room Group

How do you start 'speaking' to someone?

Basically met this girl through a co-worker about 5/6 weeks ago, seen her out in pubs/clubs most weekends since and I'm 99% convinced she likes me, and I like her too. I'm shy I can't lie but I feel I've definitely made it obvious I'm interested, I just haven't made a move yet. Basically I feel the only thing left to do is to start "speaking" to her on Snapchat or whatever, is the next step to add her and try and start a conversation through something thats happened in the last few weeks - then ask her on a date within a week or so?
Reply 1
You can honestly go up to her if you feel comfortable yourself and introduce yourself to each other, to make it more comfortable and then basically go from there, if you want, go with your co-worker, as they know the person better. Try not to get too personal but be friendly, if you understand. leave it there and then perhaps talk again after a week or so, or wait until they speak to you again after the initial meeting. Act normal and confident.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically met this girl through a co-worker about 5/6 weeks ago, seen her out in pubs/clubs most weekends since and I'm 99% convinced she likes me, and I like her too. I'm shy I can't lie but I feel I've definitely made it obvious I'm interested, I just haven't made a move yet. Basically I feel the only thing left to do is to start "speaking" to her on Snapchat or whatever, is the next step to add her and try and start a conversation through something thats happened in the last few weeks - then ask her on a date within a week or so?

It's quite easy-just say what you feel without letting your mind complicating and getting in the way of your feelings. If you love someone you can't play coy and try to be safe about it-I know our minds try to protect us by doing the easy thing, but not taking chances doesn't get you anywhere. Go and show how you feel towards her and what will be will be.
Reply 3
Forget social media and talk in person!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending