The Student Room Group

Should I ask my coach if I can play again?

I took a break from my sport for about 4 months and I've been practising on my own again for the past month. I had to take a sudden break from the sport due to problems with an eating disorder and self-harm, so I took time to recover from that.

Should I explain to my coach at school so she knows I didn't stop playing for no reason? I want to start practicing with school again, so I'm not too out of practice by the time next season comes around.
Reply 1
Original post by physicschemgal
I took a break from my sport for about 4 months and I've been practising on my own again for the past month. I had to take a sudden break from the sport due to problems with an eating disorder and self-harm, so I took time to recover from that.

Should I explain to my coach at school so she knows I didn't stop playing for no reason? I want to start practicing with school again, so I'm not too out of practice by the time next season comes around.

Explain to your coach the whole situation, being as honest as you can. They'll hopefully be able to give you some proper advice which takes everything into account. It may be that you can start (gently) getting back into it, or you might still need another few months. Regardless of the outcome, I should think you will be able to support your team personally, in all my months out of running (my sport) due to injury, I have found it really nice to be able to go down to training for a bit of a catch up and maybe help out, and go along to races/competitions to cheer everyone on.
You need to prioritise your health! Hope you're doing ok now.
What is your sport? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest