The Student Room Group

past papers

Does anyone else have this like I will revise everything but when it comes to past papers or exam style questions I can’t answer them I don’t know why but I will know all the content?
Reply 1
Maybe you should incorporate completing past papers (in timed conditions) into your revision - because in a lot of subjects, you get marked on the way you answered the question as well as the content used to answer.

Doing past papers can also help solidify your understanding of the content as well.
I have this all the time! Usually, I know the content, but it's applying it to situations that I struggle with, especially when specific keywords are needed...
Reply 3
Original post by suzy23
Does anyone else have this like I will revise everything but when it comes to past papers or exam style questions I can’t answer them I don’t know why but I will know all the content?

Heya!
Try doing past papers in an exam condition and then mark your answers using a mark scheme or ask your teacher to mark them and go over them with you :h: Additionally, you could try breaking down the questions and identifying key concepts or keywords to help you focus your answers and make sure you are addressing the question's requirements. Study Mind has lots of free resources that you will find helpful!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest