The Student Room Group

A level biology and Chemistry

For A level biology and chemistry how hard is the maths involved and what kind of maths is it? I want to do those A levels but I have foundation maths and it’s late to change levels now but I am going to resit to GCSE higher maths in sixth form. Is anyone currently studying these A levels with foundation maths?
Original post by suzy23
For A level biology and chemistry how hard is the maths involved and what kind of maths is it? I want to do those A levels but I have foundation maths and it’s late to change levels now but I am going to resit to GCSE higher maths in sixth form. Is anyone currently studying these A levels with foundation maths?

Level of math required in bio/chem is basic GCSE. It’s some least to be bother about. You certainly don’t need A level math for it . But if you want to opt for a level math then that’s up to you.
Original post by nighthawk123
Level of math required in bio/chem is basic GCSE. It’s some least to be bother about. You certainly don’t need A level math for it . But if you want to opt for a level math then that’s up to you.

The A levels I want to take are Biology Chemistry and Psychology. I’m just worried that I have foundation maths and I won’t be allowed to do those A levels
Original post by suzy23
The A levels I want to take are Biology Chemistry and Psychology. I’m just worried that I have foundation maths and I won’t be allowed to do those A levels

Well there is no such rule . U can take aby subject that u want.m if u will put the work for it . And foundation is great
Original post by nighthawk123
Well there is no such rule . U can take aby subject that u want.m if u will put the work for it . And foundation is great

My sixth form has a requirement of grade 6 in maths that why but I’m going to try and get the highest grades. But if I would be allowed to move to higher now I would but I can’t since it’s a bit late. But I’m predicted 7-7 in science and then after I get my results I will contact my sixth from and convince them but I don’t think they will let me take them
Reply 5
Original post by suzy23

Heya!
The maths in alvl chem and bio is around GCSE level. If it helps, you can use Study Mind free resources to check out what kind of maths level is expected of you :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest