The Student Room Group

How would you structure a 30/20 marker essay on odyssey- a level ocr

I read that if they ask how women in Odyssey lead to the success of the poem. You should day what success means to you. Like, define what is meant by the success of the poem. Could anyone please give me a clear structure for the 30/20 marker to get the A?
Reply 1
Original post by justhereiguess
I read that if they ask how women in Odyssey lead to the success of the poem. You should day what success means to you. Like, define what is meant by the success of the poem. Could anyone please give me a clear structure for the 30/20 marker to get the A?

i don't actually study the odyssey, only the aeneid and the iliad, but i have read it and can give you some general advice?
consider what 'the success of the poem' means: what is the message homer is trying to get across? (what is the moral of the story, in simpler and modern terms). i would probably say the message that homer is trying to instil in his audience is the importance of xenia/nostos. consider the ways in which the women in the odyssey help homer to deliver these messages: circe provides an obstacle for odysseus' nostos, perhaps delaying his nostos so that when he does finally return home, his nostos is more anticipated etc.

Quick Reply

Latest