The Student Room Group

AMEX Cashback Credit Card

Does Amex ask for any bank statement or any documents required when applying for their cash back CC and is your first time but you already have been using CC from someone else and your score on Experian is 983/999?
Reply 1
Nope.

I prefer the Platinum card to the Platinum Cashback card though.
Reply 2
Original post by shamensaki
Does Amex ask for any bank statement or any documents required when applying for their cash back CC and is your first time but you already have been using CC from someone else and your score on Experian is 983/999?

That's a very specific set of circumstances.

I applied for an Amex card (but not that type) in 2018. At the time, I had two credit cards from other companies. I wasn't asked to provide any bank statements or other documents.

I hope you're not suggesting that you'll give inaccurate information on the application that won't match up with reality!
Reply 3
Check your eligibility on the amex site, and if it's all good e.g. 95% chance of acceptance*, just apply.

Applying will create a hard search on your credit file.

*there is a chance of rejection when you do the full application, even if their checker indicates you'll pass.
Reply 4
Original post by Quady
Nope.

That annual fee is not worth it for me at this stage because I don't really have any credit history and I want something to be with no annual fee.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
That's a very specific set of circumstances.

I applied for an Amex card (but not that type) in 2018. At the time, I had two credit cards from other companies. I wasn't asked to provide any bank statements or other documents.

I hope you're not suggesting that you'll give inaccurate information on the application that won't match up with reality!

Nah just maybe a little bit of exaggeration on salary.
Reply 6
Original post by Matilda_Moo
Check your eligibility on the amex site, and if it's all good e.g. 95% chance of acceptance*, just apply.

Applying will create a hard search on your credit file.

*there is a chance of rejection when you do the full application, even if their checker indicates you'll pass.

According to their eligibility checker it says 8.5/10 (Very Likely to be approved). Plus will use the referral from my friend so that he gets £20 as well.
Reply 7
Original post by Quady
Nope.

I also want to get this first and then build that relationship with AMEX so that in future its easy for me to get the Platinum one. I really wish tho that Chase introduce thier CCs to the UK customers. Right now I only have capital one CC like the only basic one the UK customers can get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending