The Student Room Group

Best Banks for European International Students.

Hello! I will be arriving from Sweden, any students here from the nordics and are you planning on opening a UK bank account, and if so, which one?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello! I will be arriving from Sweden, any students here from the nordics and are you planning on opening a UK bank account, and if so, which one?

Hiya

This is a really helpful article which compares different bank accounts and you can decide which one suits you the best. The only main consideration that you should keep in mind is the international money transfer fees and go for the bank that charges you the lowest. Another thing might be some benefits like cashback or discounts on certain shopping. International students don't really have the option to secure big overdrafts so you don't have to factor that in.

There are also online banks like Monzo and Revolut which don't have a physical branch. I used Monzo initially as I could set up the bank account online and received my debit card really quickly by post. Monzo has been very reliable for me so you can consider this also.

Hope that helps :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending