The Student Room Group

AQA A level Computer science - Project Marked wrong

A couple weeks ago we got given how many marks we got in our programming projects. I was expecting around 70 (out of 75) but got 61. The majority of my class were in the same boat and got a lot less than they expected. We were told that we could appeal the mark and we just needed to email them with what we thought was wrong and they'd look into it.

Yesterday we were told the outcome and everyone's was unchanged.

I'm wondering now what else I can do because the appeal went through our schools head of exams and they were the one who had the final say.

The main section I lost marks in was the technical solution and the "techniques used" subsection within that. I got 20/27. This really surprised me as I used many of the techniques listed in group A which is what's wanted for top marks. So I'm very confused as to how I lost 7 marks there.
The other part is the "Completeness" which I got 13/15 on. My project met every objective I set for it and when this mark is based off of how well I met the objectives, I don't know why it's not 15/15.

Any advice for what to do would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. we've had problems with our teachers marking many times in the past. She's given full marks to a paper 1 programming question where the student didn't even do the question.
As well as marking, we've basically had to teach ourselves because she can't answer any questions we ask.
(edited 11 months ago)
Your school has to send a random selection of students' projects to exam admins who are gonna check if your teacher is marking fairly or not. If they find that she hasn't marked those projects fairly then they'll remark all of your projects.

Quick Reply

Latest