The Student Room Group

London NERC DTP Candidates 2023

Hi everyone, I was looking around to see if there was a group for people that have successfully become a London NERC DTP candidate and couldn’t find one, so I decided to make one myself! I thought that people could get to know each other, talk about housing, how they’re preparing for September etc. I’m excited to meet everyone!
Hello! I am also an offer-holder for the London NERC DTP. It's nice to meet you! I've started to look a bit into housing, but not sure how early things need to get sorted. It would be great to get to know people!
Original post by amelia_wakex
Hi everyone, I was looking around to see if there was a group for people that have successfully become a London NERC DTP candidate and couldn’t find one, so I decided to make one myself! I thought that people could get to know each other, talk about housing, how they’re preparing for September etc. I’m excited to meet everyone!

Hi Amelia, I have applied to the London NERC DTP this year and wondered how you have found your first few months. also wondered what your interview experience for it was like. I haven't been offered an interview yet but I am in anticipation haha
Reply 3
Original post by lainalangridge
Hi Amelia, I have applied to the London NERC DTP this year and wondered how you have found your first few months. also wondered what your interview experience for it was like. I haven't been offered an interview yet but I am in anticipation haha

Hi, first few months were really good but got quite stressful towards December as that is when you submit two project proposals that you are interested in pursuing for your PhD. However, our cohort have struggled with finding academics to supervise your PhD if you are interested in anything outside of conservation. For example, I am an Astrobiologist and there was maybe five or six people that I could speak to. I have heard that people are getting told about interviews today, any luck?
Hi, first few months were really good but got quite stressful towards December as that is when you submit two project proposals that you are interested in pursuing for your PhD. However, our cohort have struggled with finding academics to supervise your PhD if you are interested in anything outside of conservation. For example, I am an Astrobiologist and there was maybe five or six people that I could speak to. I have heard that people are getting told about interviews today, any luck?

Hi, yes it seems they have started to send them, have also applied for the London DTP but nothing yet. Do you think the invites come in waves over the days? There were like 330 applicants and I believe they are interviewing about 100. How did you find the interview process?

That is a shame about struggling to find academics! I hope you have found one you feel you can work well with. Ahh okay. I haven't had an email yet ☹️ I have seen on one of the other threads that someone has received an invitation so keeping everything crossed haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending