The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Environmental Research DTP

Hi everyone!

Hoping to find other post-grad people that applied to the Environmental Research DTP at Oxford this year. I'm still waiting to hear, and want to know whether I should be nervous and have had an interview request by now, or whether it will take a lot longer?

I know the web page says they aim to hold interviews a month after the application deadline, but is this based on supervisor availability and therefore it could be 6-8 weeks...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I haven’t heard anything. Perhaps they’re sending the outcome this week as the interviews will be held on 19 & 20 this month 🙂. Anyway, what stream did you apply for?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Dhobrrr
Hi, I haven’t heard anything. Perhaps they’re sending the outcome this week as the interviews will be held on 19 & 20 this month 🙂. Anyway, what stream did you apply for?

Hiya! I'm Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolutionary Processes, how about you?

Ooh how did you find out the exact dates for interview, I couldn't see that anywhere. Helpful to know, and fingers crossed we find out this week 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Emmelina_Moon
Hiya! I'm Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolutionary Processes, how about you?

Ooh how did you find out the exact dates for interview, I couldn't see that anywhere. Helpful to know, and fingers crossed we find out this week 🙂

We’re in the same stream 🙂. The interview dates were informed from the online session held by the NERC.

Best of luck 🤞. Please keep updated if you receive any email from them
Does anyone here know by when should we expect to get an update on the application?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Does anyone here know by when should we expect to get an update on the application?

Hey! I haven’t heard anything. But it should be a week prior to the interview dates on 19th & 20th February.

Did you know someone receive an interview invitation by any chance?
Original post by Dhobrrr
Hey! I haven’t heard anything. But it should be a week prior to the interview dates on 19th & 20th February.

Did you know someone receive an interview invitation by any chance?

No I don’t know anyone who has heard back yet. I read on some other portals that past successful applicants got invited to the interview literally 4 days before the interview date
Did they say in the online meeting what is the expected date to hear back ? Do they send emails to those who didn’t get selected?
Anyone heard anything from the supervisors or else?
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #1
Did they say in the online meeting what is the expected date to hear back ? Do they send emails to those who didn’t get selected?
Anyone heard anything from the supervisors or else?

Yeah I remembered that they mentioned one week prior to the interview dates on 19th & 20 th February. I don’t know whether they send emails to those who won’t get selected or not.

Another thing, I haven’t heard anything from the supervisor or someone else. Have you?
Reply 9
Original post by Dhobrrr
Yeah I remembered that they mentioned one week prior to the interview dates on 19th & 20 th February. I don’t know whether they send emails to those who won’t get selected or not.

Another thing, I haven’t heard anything from the supervisor or someone else. Have you?

Do you mean your selected supervisor specifically? I haven't, but they just asked to be kept updated my me, so I'm guessing they don't know anything til we do
Reply 10
Yeah, I couldn’t agree more about it. I think the supervisor didn’t know too much about the application process, so I assume it depends on the admission team of the NERC programme.
Hey, just wondering if anyone has heard yet?
Not me
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey, just wondering if anyone has heard yet?

Nope nothing yet! The wait is so nail biting. At least if we don't get an interview request by this Friday then we know we haven't got through, as interviews are next Monday and Tuesday. Fingers crossed!
I am tired of refreshing my email🥲
They should email irrespective of the decision.
Reply 15
same, haven't heard anything. I just mailed Victoria Forth to check if the invites have been sent already.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by kalpapran
same, haven't heard anything. I just mailed Victoria Forth to check if the invites have been sent already.

Please Keep us posted
Reply 17
I just got a reply telling that the invites will be sent by the end of the day or will be the first thing tomorrow.
All the best everyone!
Reply 19
Original post by kalpapran
I just got a reply telling that the invites will be sent by the end of the day or will be the first thing tomorrow.

You mean only the invites to selected candidates or the rejections as well? 😳

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending