The Student Room Group

Business Management

Does anyone have any suggestions on UK universitis that offer the best business management programs.
Original post by sarahhh_h
Does anyone have any suggestions on UK universitis that offer the best business management programs.

warwick, lse
Hello sarahhh_h & hiii.123456,

Great to hear you’re discussing business and management as it’s a really interesting course with one of the top employability rates. Something I found really useful as a starting point is looking through the Complete University Guide (you may already have done this 😊) its an online tool where you can compare UK universities overall, for particular courses, and within that on certain criteria such as entry requirements, student satisfaction and graduate prospects.

However as you know there is far more to choosing a university than just the rankings on there! You might also want to consider things like…

The city. What is there to do in your potential universities’ cities? What supermarkets are there, are there enough green spaces places to walk, enough shops for things like clothes, and places to grab coffee, eat out and go for a night out with friends? For example, Bath is quite a small city where the shopping hub, cinemas, night clubs and gardens are all quite close to each other. Some people might prefer this kind of thing, but others might want somewhere bigger to explore, particularly if you are used to living in a bigger city. If possible, I’d definitely recommend visiting at least 2-3 of your potential universities’ cities before applying - this will be somewhere you’ll be living for the next 3-4 years so how much you enjoy life here will have a large bearing on your overall uni experience.

What's included in the course? Its also really important to have a thorough compare of the courses offered by your potential universities, what modules are on offer and whether they align to your interests and potential career aspirations. Its also well worth checking out whether your universities offer study abroad or placement options. For example, here at Bath we are particularly proud of our industry placement programme, and the majority of our courses, Business and Management included, have this as an option. So if studying abroad or taking a work placement(s) as part of your degree is something you would be interested in, definitely check out whether this is offered by your potential universities and if so, what kinds of placements do the students take and what they do afterwards.

What do current students think? If possible, chat to current students about their experience of studying your course. Aside from going to several open days, I also applied for and completed the Pathways to Bath programme which included a 3-day residential summer school, where you get the chance to fully experience life as a university student and chat with several current students. Finding out from them how much they enjoyed particular modules on my course, living in Bath as a city and how supported they felt on their course was a real eye-opener and what eventually swayed me to choose Bath. We also have several student ambassadors on Unibuddy who are more than happy to chat and answer your questions online, and bookable campus tours with them. Other universities will offer equivalents and several similar opportunities, so make sure to check out the different ways to get current student’s perspective on their main webpages.

I hope you found some of this helpful as always please feel free to post any more questions you have on here 😊

Holly
University of Bath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending