The Student Room Group

How to meet Christian women to date? (24m)

I’m an undergrad student (I’m a few yrs older than most as I started a little late), I’m a Christian & only want to date Christian women that attend church & truly believe in The Bible.

I’ve attended 3 Christian societies at uni & many churches (3 C of E churches, 1 Evangelical Anglican, 1 Evangelical, 1 Charismatic, 1 Russian Orthodox & 1 Catholic). I am a Protestant & firm in my beliefs but thought it was a good opportunity to visit other churches since I’m in a fairly big city. I am fine interacting & speaking to all sorts of Christians including white British, Indians, Pakistanis, Nigerians etc… I have many female friends, especially among the various Christians (as well as many male friends).

Several of the women, I have approached for dating. I have always been turned down because they are with other people or just are not attracted to me. There were 1 or 2 girls that showed interest in me but I was not attracted to them (they were Christian, nice people & decent looking but I just didn’t feel anything) so thought it would be disrespectful to date them. They didn’t directly ask me so I didn’t outright reject them, just didn’t pursue anything. Any other girls at uni I’ve approached, if they have turned out to be non-Christians, I stopped pursuing them for dates & switch to evangelism.

I’ve tried using dating apps & filtering by religion but my experiences have been poor with the women trying to scam me or selling pictures of themselves. I’ve tried using the Christian dating apps but there are only a handful of users in my area.

I’m now at a point where I have run out of faithful Christian women I’m attracted to that I know. I don’t want to be alone & consider being in a relationship to be an important part of a good Christian life. I don’t know what to do to meet more Christian women. I want a wife & kids some day. I don’t want to date secular women. I don’t want to date people & then convert them as I would fear their conversion would be false. I feel I’m missing out spiritually on a full life without a woman at my side to worship God. I’m grateful for my female friends but I want more.

Edit: I’m considering for Masters, moving to a bigger city such as Glasgow, Belfast or Liverpool with more Christians. Obviously some cities are less Christian such as Leicester & Bradford so I’m assuming by having a bigger pool, it will be easier to find someone more compatible.

In my hometown, I don’t remember anybody from school or college going to church & the only women roughly my age (when I was in my late teens) stopped coming to church (1 got a secular bf & the other moved for uni) with the rest of the congregation being elderly or families with young kids. My parents are non-religious & they don’t know anyone with a Christian daughter near my age.

Will moving to a more Christian city like Glasgow help? Most people in the city I am in are just non-religious, there aren’t many followers of other faiths.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Maybe pray for your dream woman to be provided. Alternatively become just a tad more sinful and widen your dating pool
as hard as it may seem, i feel like the most important thing is to keep praying and don't lose faith. continue pursuing your dreams and working hard. try to occupy yourself by discovering more hobbies and fulfilling your interests, you never know, you might stumble across the perfect lady through this!
but the most important thing is to always remember that God has a plan and His timing is impeccable, He is never late. when the Lord is ready for you to have the perfect Christain woman, that's when you'll meet her.
Reply 3
Original post by hearts4uallxo
as hard as it may seem, i feel like the most important thing is to keep praying and don't lose faith. continue pursuing your dreams and working hard. try to occupy yourself by discovering more hobbies and fulfilling your interests, you never know, you might stumble across the perfect lady through this!
but the most important thing is to always remember that God has a plan and His timing is impeccable, He is never late. when the Lord is ready for you to have the perfect Christain woman, that's when you'll meet her.

Thanks but I do pray for this fairly regularly.

I have plenty of other hobbies & work.

I do 2 part-time jobs (neither offer any real opportunities to meet women my age). During last summer, I did a handful of placements & before uni, I did a volunteer job too. None of it has led to me meeting anyone.

I do other things like other societies & uni sports clubs. I’ve tried several & in most of them, the students are not remotely religious, some are even hostile towards religion. Same is true of the students on my course.

I also do other things like go to the cinema & I attend house parties when invited (although most have been with the Christian friends I already have). I also occasionally do other stuff like go to museums, cathedrals/minsters, watch live sports games, stand-up comedy shows, classical music concerts etc… I’m also hoping to take up an instrument that I bought & want to learn how to play (I will start paying for lessons soon). I also like watching films & playing chess. Again, none of these really present opportunities to meet other people. Even going to the pub with friends (I usually don’t drink any alcohol or only 1 drink), never results in me meeting new people.

1 of my friends & I did consider trying speed dating to meet women but I ultimately decided against it as I felt uncomfortable at the idea that I might be leading on any women that turned out to be non-Christian & I thought that would be unfair & disrespectful to those women.

I also go on holiday both in the U.K. & abroad, both by myself & with family. Again, I’ve never met anyone through holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending