The Student Room Group

Any good 15 minute recipe suggestions?

Hi guys,

I have a couple of simple breakfast recipes (which include Sandwiches - eg. pre-cut salad mix stuffed in a sandwich with chicken salami, BBQ/Mayo/Sweet onion and some other mixed sauces, and a grated smoked cheese), Yogurt bowls, pancakes and waffles. And maybe some Upma if the meal prep is done in advance.

But do you have any nice warm food recipes and ideas which can be done in 15-20 minutes (from prep to packing)?

Also, any meal prep suggestions for the week?
Pasta takes 12-15 minutes or so to cook. Whilst it's cooking, you can prep any veg (stick it in with the pasta towards the end if it needs to cook). Once it's done, drain the water, stir in some sauce (e.g. pesto, tomato, cheese…), any seasonings, and maybe some tuna or some other protein. Heat through a bit more, add cheese if you wish, and eat :smile:

Stir fry (once all the chopping is done; you can buy pre-prepped or frozen veg for stir fry, or just chop up a few things you have in the fridge). I like tofu in my stir fry, obviously chicken or something will need to be cooked, but you can do this in advance or buy some ready-cooked. Stick your noodles in a pan to boil. Meanwhile in a large pan (like a wok or similar) on high heat, chuck in some oil, garlic, ginger, chilli, then your protein and the veg. Stir it round as it cooks, maybe add a small amount of water if the veg looks like it needs it, add some cashews, peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce (or whatever you like), drain and rinse the noodles, add them to the wok, then eat.

Quick Reply

Latest