The Student Room Group

When I think about talking to people, can real life them know the conversations I am

For example imagine I knew you. If I thought about having a conversation with you purely in my head - would you have some way of knowing this has happened?

I KNOW THIS CANNOT BE TRUE, but I doubt my self and worry. I haven't asked anyone this before because I'm too embarrassed. I just need to get it clear in my head.

It's bothered me since I was 7or8 years old, I think about someone and have thoughts, and then I worry the person knows these thoughts.

It can be as simple as "Oh what X did was nice" then I worry X will know I've thought that, and they will think I'm weird for thinking about it so late at night.

This bothers me day to day but I still have a pretty normal life I just need someone to tell me that it isn't possible before I got crazy.
So you’re asking if someone can read your mind?….. from what I know this only occurs in movies
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
For example imagine I knew you. If I thought about having a conversation with you purely in my head - would you have some way of knowing this has happened?

I KNOW THIS CANNOT BE TRUE, but I doubt my self and worry. I haven't asked anyone this before because I'm too embarrassed. I just need to get it clear in my head.

It's bothered me since I was 7or8 years old, I think about someone and have thoughts, and then I worry the person knows these thoughts.

It can be as simple as "Oh what X did was nice" then I worry X will know I've thought that, and they will think I'm weird for thinking about it so late at night.

This bothers me day to day but I still have a pretty normal life I just need someone to tell me that it isn't possible before I got crazy.

It sounds like you might have OCD and you have intruisuve thoughts about people reading your mind which is irrational to most. Have you looked into this and finding ways to deal with it?

Also, I promise you nobody can read your mind :smile:
Reply 3
Don't worry, I assure you nobody can do this. Your thoughts are private, and (currently) nobody can change that.
People are not psychic
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
People are not psychic

I am
Original post by B7861
I am

What am I thinking?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
What am I thinking?

your thinking about the words you are reading right now
Original post by B7861
your thinking about the words you are reading right now