The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU 240 credit to brick uni transfer

Good morning,

I have seen similar threads but none quite matching my situation. I have no A-Levels, 8 GCSE's and am at the OU atm about to sit my second year exams. I have been studying at a rate of 120 credits a year.
I want to transfer to a brick uni to start second year there. Will 240 ou credits be enough to transfer from the end of second year to beginning of second year at a brick uni?

@snufkin please help aha i have seen that you are knowledgeable on other threads.
I think you would need to contact the university/course you are thinking of applying to. Some will be perfectly happy to take 240 points, but others can be a bit pernickity about A levels.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
I think you would need to contact the university/course you are thinking of applying to. Some will be perfectly happy to take 240 points, but others can be a bit pernickity about A levels.

thank you for the response, I am waiting to hear back just looking to ease my mind as I am so unsure of the response aha
It'll probably be accepted. I just know that some unis can be a bit precious. If you do get a response saying no, don't be shy of appealing/questioning it. What you're offering is over and above the usual requirements for entry into year 2.

Good luck 🤞
Reply 4
It'll probably be accepted. I just know that some unis can be a bit precious. If you do get a response saying no, don't be shy of appealing/questioning it. What you're offering is over and above the usual requirements for entry into year 2.

Good luck 🤞

Okay thank you again for a quick response I will keep you updated :smile: thank you for the luck I feel like I need it aha.
Reply 5

Good luck 🤞

I was also worried about the fact they are 240 Open Uni credits, from several threads on here, I have seen that the first year OU credits are very broad in order to ease people back into higher education.

Quick Reply

Latest