The Student Room Group

ALevel english lit

Does anyone have any tips on the unseen poetry and prose, as in like contextual stuff and what periods to study
I do the aqa spec
xoxo
Original post by badbxo
Does anyone have any tips on the unseen poetry and prose, as in like contextual stuff and what periods to study
I do the aqa spec
xoxo

Hi! Personally for prose our texts are frankenstein and handmaids tale and what’s helped me with context is senaca i used it for my last mock and came out with a B and near enough full marks for context definitely something to look into. For unseen i suggest going through the poetry anthology and just picking poems analysing them and then picking one you study to write a comparison for essay practise is rly the only way you can practise unseen but that’s just what’s currently working for me
Reply 2
Original post by edithsenior766
Hi! Personally for prose our texts are frankenstein and handmaids tale and what’s helped me with context is senaca i used it for my last mock and came out with a B and near enough full marks for context definitely something to look into. For unseen i suggest going through the poetry anthology and just picking poems analysing them and then picking one you study to write a comparison for essay practise is rly the only way you can practise unseen but that’s just what’s currently working for me
Okayy,, thankyou !!:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by badbxo
I do the aqa spec
xoxo

If you want to practice unseen poetry AQA, you can use this tool: https://www.tilf.io.

The way it works is simple: you add in the question, select the mark scheme and start typing your answer and it gives you feedback on what to improve and the grade based on the exam board you chose. Then you just keep improving the essay until you get the grade you want. Hope that helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Mike B
If you want to practice unseen poetry AQA, you can use this tool: https://www.tilf.io.
The way it works is simple: you add in the question, select the mark scheme and start typing your answer and it gives you feedback on what to improve and the grade based on the exam board you chose. Then you just keep improving the essay until you get the grade you want. Hope that helps!
omg thankyou so much that seems rlly helpful :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending