The Student Room Group

Stuck between 2 masters

I'm unsure of what to do, a masters conversion in psychology or a masters in public health. Leaning more towards public health as from what I understand psychology is hard to find jobs and get into.
Reply 1
Original post by Kittens65738
I'm unsure of what to do, a masters conversion in psychology or a masters in public health. Leaning more towards public health as from what I understand psychology is hard to find jobs and get into.

If you end up wanting to go into psychology, you will definitely need that degree. Do you need the MSc to go into public health? What was your undergrad degree in?
Reply 2
Original post by Nerol
If you end up wanting to go into psychology, you will definitely need that degree. Do you need the MSc to go into public health? What was your undergrad degree in?

So my undergraduate is in childhood youth and education and honestly I'm learning more towards psychology, as the public health is online, I feel as though I'd rather do a 1 year masters with face to face support then an online one.
Reply 3
Original post by Kittens65738
So my undergraduate is in childhood youth and education and honestly I'm learning more towards psychology, as the public health is online, I feel as though I'd rather do a 1 year masters with face to face support then an online one.

If you are leaning towards psychology, I'd say go for it. If you want to go into a career in, say, Educational Psychology, you will need that degree to be eligible for chartered membership in future. It is a competitive field, sure, but if it's something you want to do, I'd say go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest