The Student Room Group

Psychology at Bath or Bristol?!

I'vs got offer for Bath and Bristol and don't know which to firm as they are the same grades (my insurance will be Newcastle).
I prefer the Bath course and you can do a placement year with it which Bristol doesn't offer but I prefer Bristol as a city to be a student in and don't like that Bath is a campus. Any personal experiences of Bath or Bristol would be really helpful or general advice. :smile:
Original post by gilmoregirl8
I'vs got offer for Bath and Bristol and don't know which to firm as they are the same grades (my insurance will be Newcastle).
I prefer the Bath course and you can do a placement year with it which Bristol doesn't offer but I prefer Bristol as a city to be a student in and don't like that Bath is a campus. Any personal experiences of Bath or Bristol would be really helpful or general advice. :smile:

My gut instinct would be that the placement year should be a big factor - especially if you want to become a clinic psych in the future (v competitive).

However, I will throw into the ring that on psychology courses the choice and flexibility with the modules you choose can be limited thanks to the BPS accreditation. If you have a little browse, and one uni offers you more flexibility and choice in modules than the other - I would factor that in too.

Here if you need more help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest